Above positions are full-time which includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurances, pension/retirement, sick and vacation leave accrual, bereavement leave, determined paid holidays, and other fringe benefits.
Greene County – Greeneville EMS is now hiring full-time and part-time Paramedics and AEMTs. We offer great pay and benefits package. If you are interested, please send your resume to: Greeneville/ Greene County EMS 815 West Summer St. Greeneville, TN 37745 or call 423-798-1720 for more information.
Animal Control Officer
Greene County is seeking a full-time Animal Control Officer.
This position is responsible law enforcement work involving all aspects of animal apprehension, control, and placement for Greene County. Responsibilities include picking up stray and abandoned animals, transporting them to the animal shelter, and providing care for them until placement or euthanasia. Additional responsibilities include educating the public, cleaning and maintaining the shelter, investigating animal abuse cases, and assisting in euthanasia. Employees must be capable of successfully interacting with the public, performing routine administrative responsibilities, and physically capable of performing strenuous and potentially dangerous tasks.
· High School Diploma/GED
· Must submit to and pass a psychological evaluation
· Must be 21 years or older
· Previous experience in crime prevention and law enforcement (preferred)
· Experience working with animals
· Ability to interact appropriately with the public and perform the physically demanding aspects of the job
Necessary special requirements:
· Must submit to extensive background check
· Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screening
· Must be able to hold a bond
· Must maintain a current and valid Certification for Euthanasia, and complete all required training for the position
· Must possess a valid Tennessee Drivers License and be insurable at standard vehicle insurance rates
Anyone interested in this position may pick up/drop off an application at the Greene County Animal Control office OR the Greene County Mayor’s office. MUST APPLY IN PERSON.