- Our History
- Local Government
- Elected Officials
- Public Services
Elected to office in August 2006, David Weems is responsible for maintaining approximately 1,210 miles of roads plus bridges in Greene County.
Our GUIDING PRINCIPLES are:
- Integrity and Reliability
- Recognition of each employee's importance and dedication to the Greene County Highway Department.
- Respecting all members of Greene County and listening to their requests and concerns and responding in a timely manner.
- Maintaining an environment that employees are proud to work in
- Acknowledging that each employee plays a big role in the success of the Greene County Highway Department
- Consistent accountability and efficiency to the citizens of Greene County.
Our VISION is:
- To maintain roads and bridges required to assure the citizens of Greene County a bright future.
- To have a Highway Department that is recognized for being totally committed to the public and their well being.
Our MISSION is:
- To provide the citizens with loyal and committed service.
- To efficiently maintain the county roads in Greene County.
Greene County Road Report: Road Details by Road Name with Comments
Important or urgent road conditions will post in this location!!
795 Hal Henard Rd
Greeneville, TN 37743
Monday thru Thursday, 7:00 AM ‚Äì 5:30 PM
(423) 798-1745 or (423) 798-1747
There is an after hour emergency service available that can be reached by calling the Sheriffs Department at 423-798-1800.
Ready for Development
Greene County is home to a workforce second to none.
For information concerning employment, available land for your business or industry and other economic development opportunities, please visit our Greene County Partnership web site.